Sunday, September 22, 2013

FALLing...

Today is the first day of FALL, and it is my all time favorite season.

Let me list the reasons why it's my favorite.

Birthdays:
Mine
Husband
His mom (RIP)
My mother (RIP)
Ringo the Dog
numerous Friends

Cooler temps!

FALLING LEAVES!!

PUMPKIN SPICE LATTES!  (yes, I am one of those.)

HALLOWEEN!!!!

THANKSGIVING!!

Which means the huge new family gathers, eats a ton of food, drinks a great deal of wine & beer, plays hysterical board games (or maybe it's just the added liquids that make them so hysterical?), and (this year) chooses Secret Santa names. There really are quite a few of us, now.


And also, added bonus this year:   OUR NEW HOUSE!!!

We don't sign till Tuesday, so technically, it's in the FALL!  Husband and I have plans upon plan upon plans for landscaping, painting, decorating...  I get so excited about all the plans we have, that I often lose sleep thinking about all our plans. 

If you can't tell, this is our first (and only) house and for once, we GET IT that we can do whatever we want to this house. It's OURS and every loose screw, every drippy faucet, every hair-brained idea we get, WE. CAN. DO!!!

Also, we have the rest of our lives to implement every crazy idea.  Ok, so the rest of our lives might only be 30 or 40 years, but, that's 30 or 40 projects!!!  Or, if you're like us, 70 or 80 projects... :)

So, gaps in blogging?  Look for me buried under boxes as we try to hurry-up-pack this place.  In a month? Look for me in the middle of unpacking, 3 started projects, a bottle of wine and me, crying, because I will forget that it doesn't all have to be done right away.    



 

No comments:

Post a Comment