Thursday, June 13, 2013

5 Things I Don't Like About Myself

In honor of Frank's blog on Glipho,  here are my 5 Things.   And I deliberately didn't read anyone else's lists, so as to keep my own list pure.  (Thanks Frank!)


1) I am so flippin LAZY!!



I would so much rather play Sims3 all day long, even leaving the game running as long as it can before an event pauses the game.  I would rather sit for hours watching drivel, than unload and load the dishwasher.  It's not like I even have to HANDWASH the dishes.   Sometimes I see little funny meme's on Pintrest (oh, don't get me started on the hours I can spend on Pinterest!) that say something like: Go out tonight? Oh, but I've already taken off my bra, sorry.
TOTALLY ME.  How hard is it to put a bra on, (guys, don't answer that one!), brush your hair and put some clean clothes on, so you can sit and be lazy at a friends' house?


2) I have NO WILL POWER!!
 

I am supposed to be cutting down/out glutens, as I have a sensitivity.  I don't know if it's a full blown issue with glutens, as I don't have health insurance, and therefore haven't been tested.  I'm only going off my Uncle's findings about himself, and as it's genetic... We don't have parents/grandparents from that side of the family to ask questions about their health, so, we have each other.    The no-will power part?  Glutens are yummeh.  And, my husband, the famous Sidewayz, clearly doesn't need to restrict his diet.  Freakin' Jack Sprat.  Shut up, I know what you just pictured/heard in your head.   If I try really, really hard, I can stick to a 'diet' for ... well, I've done it for a month.  Back in January 2010 I went off sugar for a whole month.  I loves me some sugar!  I have managed to be more aware of my gluten intake. And, altho it wasn't part of the goal, (cuz I had no idea) I did cut WAY down on the glutens starting last Easter, and I lost 20#s in a month.  That was last Easter.


3) I can snap to ANGER so fast!    
    



Something I am working on.  It usually only manifests with the loved ones who know the right button to push, even if it's unintentional. Like a husband or a kid. :)    I have learned to recognize it quicker than I used to.  And I apologize for it. I never used to.


4)Women issues as I get older.  You might think, if you yourself don't experience them, 'but that's natural, how can you hate this about yourself?'  You might be correct, I don't know.  There are many, many women who have the same issues I do. And many, many who have it WAY worse.  To me, it doesn't matter if this is the way it's supposed to happen(I don't think it's supposed to be this way!), I still hate it.  The pain, the misery, the migraines, the.... well, I won't go into gory details. I do have male readers! (You're welcome!) Oh, and early menopause symptoms. What the fluck, Chuck?   I'm only in my 30s. Granted, it's the down slope to 40, but it's still really early!!


5)I can't seem to stick with something long-term.   I put many things in this category.  I'm hoping to change this as I go.  Like blogging.  I really hope I can stick with it longer than a few months.  And exercising.  Keeping up with my self-appointed lists of things to do.  I think #5 goes hand-in-hand with #1 & #2.


I'm not counting body issues.  Every single person in the free world has issues with something about their own bodies.  I say free world because, honestly, people who aren't free, have way more issues to worry about than a flabby butt. 


There are way more things I DO like about myself.  Or at least am at a point in my aged life where I can come to terms with things.  Another post for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment