Monday, May 27, 2013

Getting too old for this...

Blurk.  Hangovers and recovering from a night out. Again, I say blurk.

Clearly I am too old to party like that anymore. Yesterday was spent very carefully doing not much. All day. I even took a nap in the afternoon and slept till after 9!  Then wen to bed around midnight or 1, and slept till 8:30 this morning!  At least I feel better today.  I even did Day3 of the exercise plan I'm attempting. Today was 40 jumping jack and 20 crunches.  There are 90 days of this plan, so yes, Day 3 is rather light, so far.

What was the party?  Roller derby.  Nuff said, for those in the know.  For those that don't, here's a mini-recap.

Saturday was derby down at the Idaho Fairgrounds.  It's where we used to skate, back in the day, before we upgraded to the Arena and the big time. :)  Fairgrounds mean crappy hard metal bleachers, poor echoey sound quality, and, in this case, no beer served. It was Family Night. A throwback to the old days when the league was getting itself established. Sidewayz and I wore our old derby gear. I was in my old TVR green jersey and he was in his 'derby shirt' - a black & blue bowling shirt with a pinup girl embroidered on the front. We took a flask of bourbon. We sat in the stands and cheered. We yelled at the refs. We explained the game to anyone near us that didn't understand the rules. We saw old friends. We were asked many times when we were coming back. I won't do a recap of the bouts. If you want that, go to Examiner.com and read my friend Tom's updates on all things derby. He should have a recap of our bouts in a day or two. He just happened to be the coach for one the teams that came in this weekend.

Afterwards, there is always an afterparty.  A chance for the hard working skaters to let off some steam and party with your new friends who came from out of town. Namely, the skaters you just destroyed on the track. We always drink, and we always dance. Sometimes there's karaoke. But not coming from me!! I just drink and dance. And dance. And dance. 
Then we take a cab home (cuz we're smart!), stumble our way thru getting our stinky, smokey clothes off, and fall blearily into bed. (this particular place didn't ban smoking. It's in a little part of town that didn't have to.)
Then comes the wakeup.  Of course, because we got home around 1 or 1:30, I wake up at 8am. As I stagger out of bed, trying not to trip over pets, I realize just how bad dancing all night was.  My legs and feet are killing me.  Of course, with lubrication, I'd forgotten how I'd damaged something in my foot, and how it hurt to walk or stand for any length of time. And I danced for a good two hours. Dummy.

I started in on the water. Thankfully, I knew I had at least 2 hours of quiet time to myself before Sidewayz roused himself. So I watered the outside plants, transplanted some, and made an attempt to sit in the quiet sunshine. Storm clouds were rolling in, tho, so that sent me indoors. Hey! I have the computer!  Sims family, here I come! 
And that was my entire day until naptime.  Sideways was in no better shape. He lounged/napped on the couch till I took a nap. Then he took over and spent the rest of his day playing Everquest.

All this is to show you just how 'too old for this shiz' we're getting.  A full day and more to recover from a few hours of beers and dancing. Ok and maybe 2 or 3 Washington Apples.
It was wonderful seeing and dancing with friends.  Even got the hubby out on the floor to dance with me! 

Today is Memorial Day and the hubby plans on grilling a pork tenderloin. Let's see how that goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment