Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Keep It Simple

                                                     
I got the idea for this blog post after doing a search for blogging ideas. I found Cynthia's Blog.

I'm still raw enough at this that I have to fish around for ideas.  Otherwise I flounder and eventually, I will stop blogging.  I really want to give this a shot.  (Did you notice the two fish references there? I didn't even try for that.)

Today is #139.  Yes, I am quite aware that I didn't start from the beginning. So?
Topic: Keep it Simple

I decided the most simple thing I could do was a list of my basics. Pretty simple.

The following points were stolen from a reading challenge I had thought to participate in, at Goodreads.com before I realized that too many reading challenges will make my brain explode.

1. Birthday - 9/29/75 (yes, I fully admit my age.  I also have grey hair that I don't bother to color/cover.  I earned it.)
2. Hometown - I have two.  Emmett, ID and North Highlands, CA
3. Relationship Status - Happily married to my best friend.  I out-geeked him the night we met and we've been together ever since.
4. Occupation - You're looking at it.  And thankfully I don't have a webcam, so you never get to see me always in my jammies in a never-clean house.
5. Favorite Author - My go-to is always Stephen King, but since I joined Goodreads.com, I have discovered so much more!  At this point in time, I have too many authors I love. (check out my book lists, see what we have in common!)
6. Favorite Color -  This has changed since my childhood.  It was always blue when I was little.  It has changed to purple.
7. Ideal Vacation Spot - Camping on a beach.  Preferably a sandy beach, not a rocky one!
8. Role Model/Mentor - I don't have just one.  So many people amaze me with their talents.  Cooking, crocheting, knitting, roller skating, web-design, writing, sewing, parenting, painting, just having their shit together.  I try to take examples of all the people in my life and learn from their doing.
9. Favorite Food -  whatever I decide to stuff in my face.
10. Favorite Holiday - Halloween
11. Favorite Animal/Pet - I was always a cat person.  However, we got a puppy just over a year ago from a rollergirl friend of ours and I have fallen in sugary sweet love with Ringo.  He's just a mutt, and that makes him all the more lovable, in my heart.
12. Trait You Admire - Unfailing loyalty.
13. Favorite Hobby - I don't really consider reading a hobby, as it is so much a part of my life.  I haven't taken enough steps into my blogging journey, so I can't count that. Yet.  I do have a whole lotta yarn, tho!  I guess, crocheting/knitting.  I also really dig house plants.  Can 'houseplants' be a hobby?
14. Phobia/Fear - Coulrophobia- Fear of clowns, and of course,  Arachnophobia- Fear of spiders.  Also, not real fond of zombies. Kinemortophobia.
15. Obsession - Whatever I seem to glom onto at the moment.  Right now, it's learning to blog effectively.  Also, still reading as much as I can in a year.

So there you have it.  A really simple blog post.
Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment